SynthVoice Problems

deadnoize

SynthVoice Problems

Post by deadnoize »

Hello, I just bought the Vintage Voice Bundle... I was really looking forward to the synthvoice filter aka arp 2600 filter... but I think there's a bug... when I switch to 12db, resonance has no effect... in 24db mode and use of full resonance, the audio output varies heavly in volume... Can someone confirm that?
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: SynthVoice Problems

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

I'm told that this is working as designed. That's the way resonance works on an analog synth, like the Arp 2600.

Greg
xones2358

Post by xones2358 »

it*s the nature of Arp filter. compared with hardware odyssey and Arturia 2600 emulation and they all behave like this
seal58

Post by seal58 »

It's really a physical reason of internal phase shifting, that 12dB filters will not lead to resonance when it's output signal is fed into input.
So digital model has to do the same.
deadnoize

Post by deadnoize »

ok maybe I described it wrong...
for the record I own the korg odyssey software emulation, arturia arp 2600 emulation and a hardwarclone of the arp2600 filter... they all behave differently but not like what I heard from the synthvoice filter module...

to reproduce what I mean: on the filter module set resonance to 100% (cutoff around 400 hz) with a simple adsr module (modulation of cutoff). trigger something like a kickdrum... then trigger this sound a few times and the sound is getting louder and louder and sometimes it takes some triggers and it is getting quieter, but when it turn very loud it stays loud...

Return to “Cherry Audio”