MIDI Channel Filter oddity?

tpugsley

MIDI Channel Filter oddity?

Post by tpugsley »

Hello,
Being an occasional VM user, I may be off-base on this, but I've noticed something odd concerning the "MIDI Channel Filter" (Cherry Audio). When I connected the "MIDI From Host" on the I/O panel to the MIDI in on the Channel Filter, it did not seem to filter properly. Setting it to Channel 11 (only), it would still pass signals from Channel 12 (and vice versa). Switching to other (single) channels sometimes filtered properly.

My workaround is to use the "MIDI IN" module (Cherry Audio), which I thought should be equivalent (although I have to disable the MIDI source in Settings). Now both channels come in, and the "MIDI Channel Filter" works perfectly.

Am I missing something here?

Thanks!
davidamo

Re: MIDI Channel Filter oddity?

Post by davidamo »

What I am experiencing are sustained notes with this module.

I am using Toraiz Squid as main sequencer via USB, so I use MIDI Channel Filter and connect the MIDI OUT to the MIDI to CV module.
I really dont know what is happening but after some time playing the module starts to sustain a note so I need to disconnect the MIDI OUT cable and connect it again in the MIDI Channel Filter module to deactivate the sustained note, its a bit anoying

someone else has tested the module with hardware sequencers???

thanks

Return to “Cherry Audio”