Does “Preset Voltage” work? How?

robgray

Does “Preset Voltage” work? How?

Post by robgray »

Demoing Preset Voltage. It claims it can record snapshots of voltage and it has 16 inputs. Does anyone know how it works? If I trigger it the pattern switches and only knob one responds to voltage (but it’s not what I sent). The edit switch doesn’t seem to help, just affects the first knob.
HowlingMod

Re: Does “Preset Voltage” work? How?

Post by HowlingMod »

robgray wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:30 am Demoing Preset Voltage. It claims it can record snapshots of voltage and it has 16 inputs. Does anyone know how it works? If I trigger it the pattern switches and only knob one responds to voltage (but it’s not what I sent). The edit switch doesn’t seem to help, just affects the first knob.
the snapshots 'record' the levels, the 16 input levels. how you set them. in edit mode.

go to edit mode:

turn op a level of several inputs, for snapshot 1, go to snapshot 2, change the input levels, go back to snapshot 1 and you see the difference.

or of course you can use one output for more inputs. quite some possibilities. so 16 inputs, does of course not mean; 16 different outputs.

preset voltage. change voltage per step. sync it with a sequencer (clock out), or use it any you want. desync it, or divide sync it...

the 'manual' isn't that clear.

i hope this helps.
Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 gb, gtx 1060 6gb, win 10 pro. voltage modular core; psp ultimate, andrew macaulay ultimate, ben davis complete, MRB, Vult, Weevil, one & two year bundle etc. (910+ modules)

https://soundcloud.com/sada-exposada
robgray

Post by robgray »

Unfortunately that doesn’t help. The only way the knobs seem to store any value is if I turn them manually. I’m wondering if the input jacks are for something other than input voltages, or if the input jacks simply don’t work.
HowlingMod

Post by HowlingMod »

robgray wrote: Sun May 09, 2021 8:40 pm Unfortunately that doesn’t help. The only way the knobs seem to store any value is if I turn them manually. I’m wondering if the input jacks are for something other than input voltages, or if the input jacks simply don’t work.
o i see. but indeed the manual is pretty spartan... so... i have to check, but i think the knobs are the snapshots, between input output.
it only works that way. to program it (with the gates attached, no gates must run, or you can't program it).

the ben davis modules are quite nice, but lack some important info.

so the knobs are stored, seems to be the snapshots, not snapshots from input values. the values of the knobs 'decide' the voltage to the output, depended on the input of course.

that is how i understand it.
Ryzen 9 5900X, 32 gb, gtx 1060 6gb, win 10 pro. voltage modular core; psp ultimate, andrew macaulay ultimate, ben davis complete, MRB, Vult, Weevil, one & two year bundle etc. (910+ modules)

robgray

Post by robgray »

Ok. Sounds like it doesn’t do what I hoped it would. Thankfully I just demo’d it.
HowlingMod

Post by HowlingMod »

robgray wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 3:33 pm Ok. Sounds like it doesn’t do what I hoped it would. Thankfully I just demo’d it.
ok! or it is me, but i tried it, and this is how it works, still pretty useful.. but if expect something else, i can understand what you expect, other modules, are there modules that can do this?

Return to “Ben Davis”