2.0 update requests

bendedavis

2.0 update requests

Post by bendedavis »

I am in the process of updating all modules to 2.0. This should include some visual updates. Are there any features or updates you would like to see on current modules?
martb

Re: 2.0 update requests

Post by martb »

Some more comprehensive documentation would be welcome :)
bendedavis

Post by bendedavis »

Working on a few video demos now. The first one is for the Quantizer and QIO. Which modules need more explaining? I can start writing some documentation for those. Thanks for the reply
gone soft

Post by gone soft »

More modulation inputs would be nice, though I see space may be an issue. For instance in the Feedback osc I'd like to be able to modulate just about everything. Same goes for the chorus/flanger.

Check the names of the knobs for Preset voltage. Knob 16 is named 15 and some others are turned around. It can become confusing when using the Remote control module and if automating something. So

The ranger could do with a button for randomizing values in a manner that always makes sure the max is larger than the minimum value. I'd also appreciate some easy manner to make a 16 step and otherwise more than 8 step looping Ranger sequence. Using switches and dividers work offcourse, just not so convenient - and can be a challenge for for instance 14 or 12 step sequences to set it up right. ;-) Could you think of some sort of expansion module? Or would you consider a 16 step Ranger ideally with a selection of from and to steps so it could loop for instance from step 3 (which it offcourse also would reset to given a reset trigger) to 15?
bendedavis

Post by bendedavis »

I will check the knob names as some of them may have been left as the default naming. I could consider making new modules with free upgrade if I add more CV control to them. A 16 step Ranger module is also possible.

Thanks for the reply
gone soft

Post by gone soft »

bendedavis wrote: Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:55 pm I will check the knob names as some of them may have been left as the default naming. I could consider making new modules with free upgrade if I add more CV control to them. A 16 step Ranger module is also possible.

Thanks for the reply
Awesome, and thanks for swift reply! Is asking for CV control of curves in DAD too much? It can make sense for velocity or sequenced control of percussive sounds for instance.

I also have to agree on needing more documentation, for instance ANAGRAM did my head in til ut finally clicked for me just recently. I had no idea what absolutely anything did. And the Fade Speed in the CHORUS/FLANGER is an uncommon parameter that needs some epxlaining. Will it make sense (or some fascinating sort of non-sense) to modulate it?

Window size in Pitch shifter, any hope for a modulation input or is there anything unexpected that might happen?

Looking forward to the updates.
martb

Post by martb »

bendedavis wrote: Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:59 pm Working on a few video demos now. The first one is for the Quantizer and QIO.
Any news on these?
xones2358

Post by xones2358 »

devs getting soaked up in blackholes is a thing here :!: Benard is an example too.

I am aware tho, there are reasons for all this. dazzling times truly.

Return to “Ben Davis”