28 bar sequence in Nucleus

Share your custom presets here.
honki-bobo

28 bar sequence in Nucleus

Post by honki-bobo »

Hi everyone,

I've made a patch with Voltage Nucleus modules that creates a bass line that repeats after 28 bars.

Well, to be exact, the "harmony's" root notes repeat every 4 bars, and the pattern repeats every 7 bars, so the resulting bass line effectively repeats every 28 bars.

I've color coded all connections and added labes to the modules so you guys and gals can better understand what's going on in the patch.
28 bar sequence nucleus.jpg
28 bar sequence nucleus.jpg (563.58 KiB) Viewed 4312 times
To start the sequence, press play on the "Master Playback Control & Clock" Sequencer. You can also control the tempo there.

The cables are color coded as follows:

yellow: reset connections
green: everything that resembles a clock signal
black: all gate signals
grey: pitch CV signal
blue: envelope CV signal
red: audio signal

The idea behind all this is to demonstrate how you can use sequencers as clock dividers and use them in combination with amplifiers as a switch. The Sample&Hold module is used to hold the pitch CV over "silent" notes. The "Gate Ctrl" Envelope Generator module controls the gate time for every note in the sequence, so you don't have to tweek the gate time on the two melody sequencers, thou you could totaly do that, if you wanted to.

The bass sound is just a very basic synth patch with filter and amplifier.

I hope you find this somewhat useful and enjoy the patch.

Have a nice day and stay safe.
Attachments
28 Bar Sequence Nucleus.voltagepreset
(28.18 KiB) Downloaded 324 times
28 Bar Sequence Nucleus.voltagepreset
(28.18 KiB) Downloaded 258 times
Monkey Business Audio
Modules - Music - Twitter - YouTube
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: 28 bar sequence in Nucleus

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

HI,

Wow, this is great. Thanks for posting it!

Greg
schoekah

Post by schoekah »

Man, this stuff is better than soduko for brain exercises. Great stuff, thanks!
honki-bobo

Post by honki-bobo »

schoekah wrote: Thu Apr 16, 2020 10:06 pm Man, this stuff is better than soduko for brain exercises. Great stuff, thanks!
You mean the patch or the melody? :lol:
Try experimenting with other lengths for the melody sequencers, like 5 and 7, which makes the whole sequence a massive 140 bars long!

I've actually modified my initial patch so it produces a 280 bar sequence!!! :o
I've used the 5-and-7-trick and extended the root note sequence to 8 bars. You may recognize the root notes and feel free to sing along. It kind of fits the times we're in right now :D I've also added kick, snare and hihat.

280 Bar Sequence Nucleus.voltagepreset
(55.69 KiB) Downloaded 286 times

Enjoy the path and stay safe!
Monkey Business Audio
Modules - Music - Twitter - YouTube
sdv

Post by sdv »

honki-bobo wrote: Wed Apr 08, 2020 11:40 am The idea behind all this is to demonstrate how you can use sequencers as clock dividers and use them in combination with amplifiers as a switch. The Sample&Hold module is used to hold the pitch CV over "silent" notes. The "Gate Ctrl" Envelope Generator module controls the gate time for every note in the sequence, so you don't have to tweek the gate time on the two melody sequencers, thou you could totally do that, if you wanted to.
Fascinating! Very informative! Muchas gracias!! :D

Return to “Preset Exchange”