Basic Vult Noxious Filter Bass

Share your custom presets here.
MC242

Basic Vult Noxious Filter Bass

Post by MC242 »

Hey guys, this is my first shared preset. It's very simple, but powerful I guess.
It shows the power of some basic Vult Modules.
I'm not affiliated with Vult.
You need to have the Vult Bundles.
If you enjoy, please leave feedback.
Thank you!
Attachments
Vult Noxious Filter Bass.voltagepreset
(10.56 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
tgrey

Re: Basic Vult Noxious Filter Bass

Post by tgrey »

Hey, thanks for sharing! This is a nice and thick sounding bass... I love the Vult modules too, they're some of my go to oscs and filts in most patches.

Did you realize that Slap has stereo VCA ins and outs, so you don't even need the Amplifier module at all? I was surprised it comes out a little cooler volume wise, but other than that I didn't notice a difference in timbre.

Also, if I'm not using my mod wheel to control an lfo for vibrato or tremolo for the patch, I really like assigning it to control a filter sweep. Especially with this type of rezzy bass synth patch, it can be very rewarding for exploration of the filter during performance!

Here's a screenshot of my changes, it's just 3 drag and drops, and one module delete away from yours:
VultBass.jpg
VultBass.jpg (187.38 KiB) Viewed 1843 times
MC242

Post by MC242 »

Hey, tgrey!
Thank you so much for your reaction! As I said, I'm pretty new to this, so I hope you experienced guys out there can bare my naivety. :D
The mods you've made are great.
And I really like the idea to modify and improve presets that can be found here.
If you pay respect to the creator , this is a really cool way to interact!
I didn't know the amp could be left out. That's really cool, because less modules means less clutter on the eyes and less CPU consumption I guess.
Concerning the mod wheel... well currently unfortunately I don't have one because I'm using a Lumi Keys.
So I'm using the Perform section with my mouse to control several parameters which I can very much recommend. :)

But you are totally right, it's much more interesting to explore the great filter with the mod wheel.
And I'm going to reconnect my Novation SL 61 MKII soon I guess and then I'll have my mod wheel back. :lol:
So if you don't mind, you could also share your modified and optimized preset here for convenience.
I would appreciate this!

Cheers and rock on!
tgrey

Post by tgrey »

you experienced guys
:lol: Thanks, but honestly I'm pretty new to this too (at least the modular aspect of it).

I'm glad you like the mods! Finding hidden VCAs is always a treat. Slap is another go-to module for me because of this alone. The amplifier module shouldn't have added a whole lot of overhead on it's own, but yes... in context of a larger project in a DAW, every CPU cycle counts.

Yeah, I totally missed that you had performance controls set... I usually keep that hidden to save screen space, so I looked right past it. You're already tweaking the filter cutoff that way. But here's my revision in case anyone else wants to try it without studying the patch screenshot:

Return to “Preset Exchange”