Simple physical modeling preset

Share your custom presets here.
MRBarton

Simple physical modeling preset

Post by MRBarton »

Here is an easy to understand preset doing physical modeling with my Laboratory modules. Fully polyphonic and fully dynamic. I believe that my modules are the only ones in the store that will do this. Please explore the variations in this patch all up and down the keyboard. This patch is a great jumping off point for your exploration into this type of synthesis.
Take that, Rings.
Attachments
BingBangBong.voltagepreset
(45.95 KiB) Downloaded 408 times
xuoham

Re: Simple physical modeling preset

Post by xuoham »

Awesome patch and wonderful idea.

Thank you Mark !

I finally had a bit of time to explore and modify it while demoing some new micro timing feature of Vari Step sequencer.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1281#p5148
selvmarcus

Post by selvmarcus »

Sounds intriguing, can I see how it is done without having the modules installed? Like giving us a screenshot? You need delay lines for PM, no?
utdgrant

Post by utdgrant »

selvmarcus wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 7:28 pm You need delay lines for PM, no?
One application of the Zeit Voltage-Controlled Delay Line is 1V/oct tuned waveguides. I've only included some simple Karplus-Strong and resonant comb filter example presets in the bundle.
ZeitTunedComb.png
ZeitTunedComb.png (1 MiB) Viewed 1637 times
However, if you have a background in physical modelling, then you should be able to get up to speed with using Zeit as a foundation.
There is also a detailed user guide available, to determine if it's up to the job. 28 day free demo period, too!

Return to “Preset Exchange”