Product identification and lifecycle

For issues related to the Cherry Audio store and the Sync product management application
nekomatic

Product identification and lifecycle

Post by nekomatic »

I have one module which I've submitted for approval and made available for a small group of beta users. While doing some performance improvement (Java compiler does not seem to optimise some 'formal' patterns...) I noticed a typo in the package name which I ovbiously fixed - no big deal, one would say... But this seem to create a completly new product. So I had to delete the previous product and resubmitted the new one for approval again and enabled the beta users to see it.
That was relatively easy..
But what will happen if such refactoring is performed on a live product which has already been purchased by a number of people? is there a way to associate such new build with an exising product?
Also what apart from the package name (I assume also the a class name) is used as the product identificator in the store internally?
Cherry Garcia
Site Admin

Re: Product identification and lifecycle

Post by Cherry Garcia »

We can manually change that information via support. We really need to improve how that happens because usually people forget to set a unique class name or they have a typo or want to rename it, etc. All we have to do is have the client ask the server if a specific name is available.

The package name and class name are used as unique ids.

Return to “Cherry Audio Store”