Cherry Audio activation problems

For issues related to the Cherry Audio store and the Sync product management application
blah

Cherry Audio activation problems

Post by blah »

I bought Polymode, CA2600, and the new Stardust 201 Tape Echo.

When I try to activate Polymode and CA2600 standalone apps, they will not activate on a Mac 10.9.5 nor within Propllerhead Reason 10.4.

When I try to activate the Stardust plugin in Reason, it will not activate!!!

This is two days of working with Greg from support to no avail. He has suggested a Firewall on my Mac blocking the activations of these paid products, but my Firewall is turned off. He then said I didn't have a good internet connection, yet my connection is perfect.

Has anyone else experienced plugins that used to be activated no longer working or problems with Cherry Audio not activating paid products?

Thanks for anything you can share.

I am very frustrated with this company right now and their support has not been of any help.

I NEED to be inspired and produce music, but Cherry Audio has not lived up to reasonable expectations of their products.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: Cherry Audio activation problems

Post by cherryaudio Greg »

Hi,

We can't duplicate the problem here, but we've heard from a couple of other Mac users whose plugins can't reach the internet for some reason. We'll try to figure out if there is any pattern. Most commonly, this would be due to a firewall or some other security software blocking the software's access to the internet. You disabled your firewall, and that didn't help. Is there any other security software running? Are you using a proxy or a VPN or something? We'll keep working on this, and reply to your emails ...but it is the weekend.

Greg
dhammond1

Post by dhammond1 »

I'm having the same problem trying to activate Stardust. OSX 10.11.5 No firewall. Good internet. I can log into my account on my iPhone, but the site is acting strange when trying to log in from my mac with Chrome. I wish you would clean up your site and install a valid certificate. That may be the place to start. The site looks very dodgy and I get all kinds of browser warnings about the certificate.

I'm going to give this a few more days. But if it's not resolved I'll get a refund through Paypal. Too bad, I was looking forward to checking out Stardust. It looks promising.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Hi,

Well, that's interesting. One other person who is getting "no internet" with Stardust also mentioned problems trying to access the web page. Cherryaudio.com's certificate is valid. Which OS are you using? Which version? Check and see if there is an update for Chrome, and if there is, install it.

Also, try a different browser.

Greg
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Actually, I see you submitted a support ticket with your OS info: Mac OS 10.11.5. I'll reply!
dhammond1

Post by dhammond1 »

Chrome version 94.0.4606.71

No new updates available.
dhammond1

Post by dhammond1 »

BTW, I found I *could* log in to the website from Chrome if I go to the login under the "store" tab. But I can't get in through the "sign-in" link in the upper-right hand corner on the home page.

Still won't log in to activate the plugin from the plugin window in Reaper (v 6).
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

I replied to your email.
cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Hi,

Turns out we got caught in this mess, which affects Mac operating systems older than 10.12.1: https://www.zdnet.com/article/fortinet- ... t-expires/

The problem coincidentally started happening the day after we released the Stardust 201 Tape Echo.

We'll have a fix soon.

Greg
blah

Post by blah »

"There are a couple of ways to solve this depending on what the exact problem is, but it boils down to: The service/website needs to update the certificate chain they are serving to clients or, the client talking to the website/service needs an update,"

I'm glad we could be getting somewhere with this because ALL of paid Cherry Audio plugins no longer work!

Return to “Cherry Audio Store”