store search - possible issue

For issues related to the Cherry Audio store.
martb

store search - possible issue

Post by martb » Mon Oct 26, 2020 11:21 am

On the module store page, if I put the cursor into the search box but don't input any text, then hit 'enter' - on the left where it displays the names of manufacturers it also shows the names of all the 'personal' manufacturers. I could be wrong but I'm not sure it's supposed to do that.

cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Re: store search - possible issue

Post by cherryaudio Greg » Mon Oct 26, 2020 4:07 pm

Hi,

Oh, man - thanks for reporting this. We'll get it fixed ASAP.

Greg

Nrgzr78

Post by Nrgzr78 » Tue Dec 08, 2020 5:58 pm

I sent an email to Cherry Audio as a developer about another thing related to the website search box, saying that for instance : if a user is trying to search a VU meter module and put the word VU into the search box it will only appear modules that have that word in the module's title name otherwise other similar modules with different names will never appear.
So why don't make KEYWORDS, that already work well for Voltage Modular software, also work for Cherry Audio website store so other modules with almost same similarities but with different names can be discovered by the users??

Thx

ymerejsasnak

Post by ymerejsasnak » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:13 pm

Totally agree with this! It's why I changed my first module's name -- searching the word "Sampler" didn't have it come up as a result because only "Sample" was in the name. I noticed you just add a list of keywords to the title of your modules, which is smart, but like you said I wish we had a way to add searchable keywords.

JK

cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:18 pm

Hi,

You guys are entering keywords into the product page, and they aren't coming up in searches?

Greg

cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg » Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:48 pm

Hi,

We'll get it to work.

Greg

Steve W

Post by Steve W » Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:22 am

Not really an issue, but I was wondering if the lowest -> highest sort could be done based on the sale price instead of the list price? I think that would work to the advantage of both module creators and consumers (esp. those on limited budgets). Thanks.

cherryaudio Greg
Site Admin

Post by cherryaudio Greg » Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:13 pm

Steve W wrote:
Wed Dec 09, 2020 4:22 am
Not really an issue, but I was wondering if the lowest -> highest sort could be done based on the sale price instead of the list price? I think that would work to the advantage of both module creators and consumers (esp. those on limited budgets). Thanks.
Thanks, good suggestion!

Nrgzr78

Post by Nrgzr78 » Thu Dec 10, 2020 2:34 pm

ymerejsasnak wrote:
Tue Dec 08, 2020 7:13 pm
Totally agree with this! It's why I changed my first module's name -- searching the word "Sampler" didn't have it come up as a result because only "Sample" was in the name. I noticed you just add a list of keywords to the title of your modules, which is smart, but like you said I wish we had a way to add searchable keywords.

JK
I sent an email to Greg and seemed he understood the issue and I removed all those keywords from my modules' name...hoping they're fixing that soon.. :)